Shafiqul Islam Jibon : Global Study Consultancy is expert to provide the best consultancy about student visa documents or requirements for Canada to Bangladeshi and other international students. If you like to study in Canadian universities and colleges, then we can give you the best suggestions about the required student visa documentations after carefully review your personal circumstances.
In the review, we will like to consider of your supporting documents for financial resources, your family income and supports from the family, your personal property and income, previous education, your future plan, etc.
To study in Canada, students need a Canadian student permit, unless they are enrolled in short-term courses of six months duration or less. But, some students enrolled in short-time courses opt for a study permit as they would have to leave Canada and apply from outside if they wish to continue their studies once the short-term course ends. Either way, when applying for a study permit, you need to be familiar with the list of documents required for Canadian student visa, a key component of the application package.
If you are clear about the documents required for Canadian student visa, or Canada study permit, you would not end up sending the wrong set of documents required for Canadian student visa and saving valuable time.
Eligibility to apply for Canada study permit:
- You must have an offer of study from a designated learning institution in Canada.
Have enough money to pay for your:
1. tuition fees
2. living expenses
3. return transportation for yourself and any family members accompanying you to Canada.
You must not have any criminal record against your name.
You must be in good health, you might be asked to complete a medical examination, if necessary.
Convince the immigration official you will leave Canada at the end of your authorized stay.
You may not need a study permit to study in Canada in the following cases.
- If you are applying to a short-term course or program: If your course of study lasts six months or less, you do not need a study permit. You, though, have to complete your study within the period authorized for your stay in Canada.
- Foreign representatives to Canada: Family members or staff members of foreign representative to Canada accredited by Global Affairs Canada (GAC) are exempt from obligatory study permits to study in Canada. To find out whether you are eligible for this exemption, you must contact your embassy in Canada.
- Members of foreign armed forces: If you are a member of a foreign armed force under the Visiting Forces Act, you can study in Canada without a study permit.
- Foreign nationals who are Registered Indians in Canada: If you hold Registered Indian status in Canada, you again do not need a study permit to study in Canada.
List of documents required for Canadian Student Visa
- Letter of acceptance from a designated learning institution. The letter should clearly bear the Designated Learning Institution number (DLI #), a number that begins with the letter “O”.However, if you apply to primary or secondary schools in Canada, you don’t have to include the DLI number as these institutions are automatically designated.
- Proof of financial support: It should showcase your ability to pay your tuition fee and living expenses. The document must also indicate you can pay the return transportation for yourself and any person accompanying you to Canada. The financial document is not just one of the important documents required for Canadian student visa, but it is a necessary requirement in all the top academic destinations and top universities across the world.
Minimum finance required for Canadian student visa:
|Number of persons||All provinces except Quebec (per year)||Quebec (per year)|
|Single student||Tuition plus $10,000||Tuition plus $11,000|
|+ one family member||$4,000||Additional $5,100 for a person 18 years or older
Additional $3,800 for a person under 18 years
|+ each additional family member||$3,000 per dependent child of any age||Additional $5,125 for a person of 18 years
Additional $1,903 for a person under 18 years
- In some cases, a police certificate certifying that you are a law-abiding citizen with a clean record.
- Applicants from certain countries like Sudan may be required to provide details of bio-metrics (photograph and fingerprints). If you are from countries like Germany or the United Kingdom, you can drop this document from the list of documents required for Canadian student visa.
- Identity proof: Both you and any family member accompanying must have valid passports or travel documents
- Photos: You will need to attach two recent passport-size photos of you and any accompanying member. On the back of each photo, you must mention the name and date of birth of the person in the photo.
- Letter of explanation: Students pursuing short-term courses may not need but yet apply for a study permit because a study permit has a number of benefits.
A valid study permit allows you to:
- Take up part-time on-campus employment at the university or college you are attending full-time.
- Apply for renewal of your study permit from within Canada, if you would like to study another program after the completion of your short-time course.
But considering the Canadian study permit is reserved for long-term courses, you have to give an explanation letter as to why you need a study permit. In the letter you may say that you want the study permit because you intend to pursue another program after the short-term course ends.
Applying for a student visa as a national from developing country like Bangladesh is not easy and it could be complicated. So we take into consideration of every aspect of the student’s documentations before submission to the immigration authority of Canada or other countries we work for the student’s higher education.
Before the submission, we will give you a complete guideline about the required documents for the submission to the immigration authority, and always it depend on the case to case basis or personal situation of a students as said above.
If you want to get admission in Canadian universities and apply for visa, then Global Study Consultancy is the best choice to complete your procedures. Global Study Consultancy is located at the Advanced Melinda (Level-2), 72 Malibagh, DIT Road, Dhaka-1217, Bangladesh. It is located just opposite of the Fortune Shopping Mall within Mouchak Market area. We are also at the same building with AB Bank Ltd and SIBL Bank Ltd at the sophisticated building of Advance Technologies.
Global Study Consultancy is also working for admission and visa procedures for most potential countries including the UK, USA, Germany, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Switzerland, Finland, Estonia, Portugal, Hungary, Lithuania, Spain, Poland, Czech Republic, Bulgaria, Russia, Belarus, Ukraine, France, Belgium, Austria, etc. Other side we also work with the universities in New Zealand, Singapore, Japan, Malaysia, China, India, etc.
If you like to study abroad from Bangladesh or any part of this country, please contact us now. Please also visit our websites to know more details about Global Study Consultancy : www.gscl.com.bd or www.globalstudyconsultancy.com.bd